this morning, i went to my escrow's office and signed all the papers required for my new condo. all loan documents, and deeds and titles and all this other stuff that i'm not entirely clear about... it's all signed. there's a bit of a sinking feeling and yet also quite a bit of excitement. i have been contemplating my life lately and wondering - of all my growing up years as a kid, i never would have thought that life would turn out this way. i never thought about leaving Toronto. In fact, being the naive kid that i was, i didn't think there was any place proper to live except Toronto - why would i want to go anywhere else? and where else would there be to go? i had another one of those moments this morning as i was driving to work from the escrow office. i always imagined that i would own my very first home with someone else - namely, my husband. but as life happens, it turns out that i'm a new home owner and of course, still a single gal. i am excited to see where God will take me next and what new surprises are in store. perhaps i need to dream a bit bigger and perhaps use a bit of my imagination as well.
poll question:
should i tile my own kitchen/bathroom floors? or should i hire a professional?
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I vote for: Hire a Professional.
Congrats!
Professional...
I'm on the 2nd home and it's still by myself....
When I was younger, I never thought I'd work at MS. My high school friends kept joking that I would, but they thought I was good at computers based soley based on the speed I typed and that they didn't understand anything I did. Who knew they would be right? (I'm sure I didn't get hired because of my typing speed)
If you do the tiles, you're not allowed to like...sew your own curtains or re-install new windows after got it?. JUST the tiles, or you'll quickly be the Martha of the West and who needs another one of those haha?
Congratulations! How do you feel now?
Oh, i've already got the curtains. i made them for my last apartment so they are already made :P they aren't fancy though so i dont' think i could be the martha of the west... but thats an interesting thought...
what were you thinking, always hire a professional. I suggest doing the diamond pattern!! I also suggest backsplash for your kitchen and sink areas!!
Post a Comment