My (preliminary) goals for 2009.
1) GYM - OK, this is usually the top item on anyone's new year's resolution list but seriously, I need to start making time for hte gym. to be more specific, my goal is to take up swimming at the gym. I also want to try Hot Yoga in March when my work deadlines should be out of the way and I can have a life again.
2) 1/2 Marathon - this is tied to goal 1 but I want to run a 1/2 marathon this year. I'm not sure which one I'll do or when I will do it but i must do it.
3) Bible Reading - I have been making slow progress on this last year. In Jan 2008, my church handed out a reading guide for reading the bible in a year. I started it and am so sad to say that I am sitting near the end of Leviticus one year later. That is truly sad. Last Sunday, I got the same reading guide so my goal this year will be to complete reading Psalms and Proverbs. That's a fairly reachable goal. The next step from there will be to read the Prophets.
4) Eat fruit and veggies regularly - cut back on meats and junk food. Eat my vitamins everyday (this is, for some reason, really difficult for me...). Drink 8 glasses of water.
5) Crochet a shawl - crochet or knit an afghan - a really big one.
Well , these are just a couple off the top of my head - i will update with more as I remember others...
Monday, January 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
girl! leviticus is tough!! no one can blame you for getting stuck there! but reading through the whole Bible is such a worthwhile practice--full of blessings and surprises! i'll pray for you on that one.
as for the 1/2: HELLO! NYC!! July 09! (i think they might do a spring one this year too...stay tuned)
ack. gym.
i think i should put that on my list... but i'm kinda dreading it... and pushing it aside.
don't be too too stressed ames! :O)
OOOOooooo keep me posted about 1/2 marathon for NYC... that would be super super cool!!! it seems i fly to NYC just to go running ;)
Post a Comment