Friday, April 03, 2009

Restless... Unmotivated... HELP!

TGIF! But so what? Tomorrow is Saturday and then it'll be Sunday and then we'll be back to Monday again. Weekends never seem long enough for me to get the amount of rest and relaxation required to face Monday again with full force and energy. Sometimes coming to work can be something I really look forward to - the challenges to tackle, list of things to do, new things to learn - and if i can cross a few things off that list of things to do, i feel like i've conquered the day and can leave the office feeling like i've been productive. lately, even if I manage to cross things off the list, more items are added and at the end of the day, my list is somehow longer than when I started the day. this makes me feel very restless, like i'm supposed to be working harder, faster, better (like maybe i shouldn't be blogging right now when i should be working). i feel so powerless though, like i've hit a barrier and can't seem to motivate myself to keep moving forward. the days seem so short. once i leave the office, i have a couple of hours to enjoy doing the life parts of my work-life balance. then i sleep and when i wake up - it's work again!!! i know i can't escape working but when will i enjoy it again?

when will my coworker come back from paternity leave?? :( i'm tired of having to carry his extra workload. sigh - enough venting and back to work...

2 comments:

hm park said...

Maybe do more with less?

I feel the same way... I ask myself "Is this what being an adult is like?"

And sometimes I mull over
"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless"

To me work is work... something that pays the bills. I guess it doesn't help that I have a short attention span =P

TGIF!

gear-girl said...

I want to believe that work can be more than just plain work - that it's more than just something to pay the bills. We spend so much of our time in our workplace - 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week! I have been challenged to think of work as a ministry in itself - the workplace is my missions field. but it's easy to lose focus on this and to go back to "meaningless! everything is meaningless!"

i took half of friday off and spent an hour walking Mina. It was a beautiful day so the warm weather and sunshine helped a lot - perhaps i was just missing the sun :)