
Why does this always happen? Year after year, Christmas approaches and life becomes ridiculously busy. I've been trying really hard NOT to go to the malls as much as I normally would this year -- so I don't have to deal with excessive shopping, impatiently waiting in line, going mad trying to find the best deal or the best present or the best deal for the best present, then dealing with the shock of inflated credit card bills afterwards. I've been pretty good about the mall so far but then I realize that online shopping has become the new "mall". Somehow, as I am getting ready to head back to Toronto on Friday (weeee!!!) my suitcase is entirely full of presents. I barely have room for clothes.
I'm a bit disappointed in myself. Still, I'm trying to remember the reason for the season! And even if I couldn't pull it off everyday this month, i have started each day with the intention of wanting to prepare my heart to remember the birth day of Christ.
Readers, i hope that during this season, you can find a moment (hopefully more than just one) of peace and quiet to remember the coming of Christ and the joy and hope and love that He brings to this world.
Merry Christmas Everyone! (Yes, i realize it is still early but chances are you won't hear from me until after Christmas... )
No comments:
Post a Comment