Friday, October 22, 2010

Truth and Lies

Romans 1:25
They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen


This verse jumped out at me today while reading my BSF material.

It's easy to think right away that I know what the Lies are in my life. But what if the Lie could be in my idea of who God really is? Or what the church should look like? Or how worship should look like? Or what a life that trusts in Jesus should look like? And if other people around me don't fit into my ideas of all these things, then it must be that they don't know Jesus or they are not living out a life of faith in God. Doesn't that sound like a Lie? Or at least a bit narrow minded? Or judgemental?

Again, I ask myself :
Am I willing to be humble enough to leave behind the Lies that I believed in for so long in exchange for God's Truth? How might this start to drastically change my life?

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Right on! We really need to get ourselves into the Word of Truth [2 Tim 2:15]! Sometimes we're so reluctant to submit to it though :( keep praying and let the Spirit work