Monday, April 10, 2006

I learned how to...


Easter Carnival
Originally uploaded by geargirl.
...make balloon animals!!

Olwen's fellowship held an Easter carnival for the kids at their church on Saturday and I went out to support her and offer some help. When I got there, it was pretty crowded and it looked like everything was taken care of already but Olwen suggested I help out at the balloon animals table. They had a book with instructions, a huge bag of balloons and a pump to blow up the ballons. One of the girls was able to make this really cool tiger so I thought i had to learn it! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to actually complete the whole tiger - just the head - so it looked like it was a tiger head on a stick ... =T But I was able to complete a teddy bear!!! I gave the completed one to a kid but this one here is half a teddy bear. I was almost done this one when his last leg somehow made the body burst and therefore amputated the legs from the rest of his upper torso. so here is his head, neck and two arms. just imagine the body and legs in your head...

this is a really cool and fun hobby - if any of you get the chance in the future, give it a shot!! :D i'd practice at home but i don't know what i'd do with the finished balloons...

2 comments:

Reformed Jerk said...

Hey I know what you can do! You can learn how to make balloon effigies of people who irk you and pop them at home to relieve stress. In fact, write a book about it. Send me 10% of your net earnings, k?

gear-girl said...

where do you GET these ideas....

hahaha