Thursday, August 17, 2006

update - it's been a while

as tiffy pointed out to me today - it's been way too long since i've posted something. here's a quick review of what i've been up to:

last weekend (August 12-13) was a weekend of strenous physical activity and to counter it, massive feasts. :S Friday evening some friends came over for dinner becuase an intern from last fall had returned and just started working full time in seattle. they came over and we enjoyed some Korean BBQed short ribs on my housemate's grill (she finally finished moving in early August - another reason why i've been so busy :S).

After this yummy feast, I woke up early the next morning and went on a 3.5 hour rollerblading excursion - it was just under 27 miles - along the Sammamish River Trail and then continuing along the Burke Gilman Trail. The trail starts in Redmond, WA and goes north around Lake Washington, and then turns south and heads towards downtown Seattle in GasWorks park. it took us about 3.5 hours with a few stops along the way. Afterwards, we went for lunch by the lakeside and then went to a downtown coffee shop. For dinner was a massive hot pot dinner with tonnes of food - there goes all the calories lost from rollerblading!

Sunday morning was painful. I woke up and could barely walk properly. Even better, the evening was spent on the ice playing a hockey game. I thought I'd be dead tired but actually i felt pretty good on the ice. Afterwards though, i was still quite sore and went straight to sleep.

NOTE: I thought I had posted this blog entry a week ago... but checking up on my blog, i realize I hadn't. So therefore, this blog entry is actually a week old :P

No comments: