After about 5 months, I'm still learning about JOY. I'm reading The LIfe You've Always Wanted right now and just finished a chapter on JOY.
Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength ~Nehemiah 8:10
The joy of the Lord is our strength. What does that MEAN? I need to take time to find joy in my life. It could mean taking time to do something I like. I like to knit. I also like to cook. But I don't often have time to do those things. Or like Nehemiah suggested, to enjoy choice food and sweet drinks. Mochi ice cream anyone?? The author brought up an interesting point - when we are able to find joy in our lives, it gives us strength - sin seems to lose its power over us. Sin is no longer AS tempting when we have joy.
I'm now on a journey to seek out this joy - the joy of the Lord. I think i am close. i will keep you posted :D
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i completely agree. i'm trying to figure out what it is to have an intimate relationship with God... i.e. the kind of intimacy Solomon had in the Song of Songs. I'm meditating on Psalm 36-37 these days, and I'm getting the idea that joy comes from having peace in one's life... which ultimately comes from trusting in God with everything. hm. the equation's pretty simple, isn't it? but not so easy to do for me. one thing's for sure, i completely need to delight in God so as to complete my assignments...
Post a Comment