Ok this detox diet is really quite challenging. It's the end of day three and I feel like my pants are going to fall off because I feel so empty. I'm not even sure if this is entirely proper - there must be a healthier way to do this!
Day One : one banana for breakfast. salad without dressing for lunch. some mixed greens with peas, cauliflower, and broccoli. I had lots of juice diluted with water for a snack in the afternoon and an orange. For dinner, veggie soup - carrots, celery, cabbage, tomatoes with water and some dried herbs for (an attempt at) flavour.
Day Two : one banana for breakfast. leftover veggie soup for lunch. orange for a snack in the afternoon. my stomach feels sooooo empty at this point. for dinner, i have veggie soup again - this time with rice inside (that's ok right??) at the supermarket, I pick up a box of shredded wheat - high in fibre but tastes so horrible - and a bucket of raisins (only ingredients are grapes and sunshine). lots of juice and water again.
Day Three : one banana for breakfast. a bowl of shredded wheat - dry without milk - but with raisins sprinkled on top. the shredded wheat actually eats like chips after the first couple bites. since it is dry, you just pop them into your mouth. for dinner, i have veggies with rice noodles "stir-fryed" - no oil, no salt, just using water so it doesn't stick to the pan and water from soaking the dried mushrooms for (an attempt at) flavour.
Right before I make dinner, hmma decided to drop out of the diet and went to happy hour with his buddy. his housemate, who was also on the diet, heard the news and decided that tomorrow will be his last day - one day early. I'm going to stick through it though and make it all the way until dinner tomorrow. boys. yeesh.
Aside from missing all the sweets and junk food (I realize now how much I eat now... :S ) the thing I missed most the past three days was SALT. Whether it was salt in its plain granulated form to sprinkle on top of all my food or whether in the form of a sauce like soy sauce.... salt makes such a huge difference on your food! I cannot wait to eat like a normal person again!!
I'm going to try to maintain a more balanced and healthy diet after this though of fruits and veggies and fish - less of the chicken, pork and beef.
One more day...
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good luck Amy! I went without red-meat for about 5,6 months and did notice that I felt better, although I did substitute the red meat with alternatives, but yeah, eating healthy is tough especially when surrounded by so many good eats and options!!!! Took a two-week break at Christmas and I must tell you that pork and beef have never tasted so good...haha. But sadly, it's back to no red meat again. I think everything in moderation is a great way of eating right!!!! Good luck!!!!! hahaha.
I took one of those blood pressure tests at Shoppers Drug Mart the other day. My blood pressure is too high! I have to eat less salt.. but everything, almost everything has salt! I feel your pain =P
good girl!
you know what's good (for the sake of flavour)? grapefruit! if you peel grapefruits and add them to your salad, it tastes a whole lot better. Grapefruits or oranges! I said i would do this again sometime this year, but I have yet to even attempt it. But that segment on eating as leviticus and deuteronomy suggest is quite insane, and probably doable!
Post a Comment