
Last weekend I set up my third monitor at work. It is pretty awesome for productivity. My main machine supports only dual monitors though and if I wanted the third monitor to hook up to the same machine, I'd have to order in another video card. What I have done for now is connect my third monitor to my secondary machine and then install Synergy on both machines. This program is allows you to share a single mouse and keyboard with multiple machines that are connected via a TCP/IP network. You simply move your mouse off the edge of one of your screens and configure it to move into another screen. Now I don't need two sets of keyboards/mouse - as you can tell, real estate at my desk is pretty limited. Oh yes, I've also got a laptop on top of all that...
1 comment:
I think if I had this, instead of
increasing my productivity, it would decrease it by three fold. I would have digg.com open on one, google reader open on the other. And that would leave the original screen for... work.
And I think I would lose my pointer easily with all that space, but I guess that can be fixed with an extra large, easy to see pointer icon.
Post a Comment