One of my new year's resolutions has been to find time to go to the gym regularly. So far, it hasn't been happening. My office building is about a 5 minute jog to the gym and so some of my coworkers go to the gym at lunch time during their lunch break. They have been trying to convince me for the longest time to join the Amazing Abs class. It's only 30 minutes but the entire time is focused on your abs. I didn't feel comfortable going with my coworkers - primarily becuase they are men who are in tip top shape (one of them rides his bike to work from Seattle to Redmond - that's 30 km a day) and because I'm in horrible physical condition. So I left work early yesterday and attended the 5pm class instead.
The class is really difficult. The short duration of the class is misleading. Most classes they offer at the gym are an hour in length so naturally, I thought that this might be pretty simple. I was very wrong. The instructor wouldn't let you stop - she went from one ab exercise to the next without breaks. She worked on all aspects of the abs - both sides and the front. And when she said "One more set!! Eight more to go!" she really meant, "Three more sets!!" because after you finished that set, she said, "OK OK, ONE MORE SET - YOU CAN DO IT!" and she did this twice. Fool me once... Fool me twice...
This morning, i find i can't cough or sit up in my chair without feeling tremendous pain. This is good though... I will keep this up and see if I can develop ... amazing abs...
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha, that mean instructor!
I do miss my abs... it's been so long since I've seen them. Oh so long.
Does it hurt your abs to laugh?
Yes! it hurts also to laugh. this morning i had to roll sideways out of bed rather than sit up. oh so sad. i'm going to do it again though!
honestly, Ames
each time i come here, you motivate me.... Unfortunately, I never do end up going to the gym or actually getting off my butt. I have become incredibly busy (and stressed) these days that it's really difficult to let your motivation (unintended at that, too) get to my head. Oh. I'll just relish in your abs for the time being. :O) Keep at it!
(btw. I kinda like that painful feeling you get after ab exercises... I know I know... >.< masochistic? hehehhe)
i'm suddenly feeling very guilty.
Post a Comment