Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sweet Basil


I somewhat started a summer hobby. A few posts ago, I talked about wanting a herbal garden. I was at Target one day and they had these basil seed, soil and pot kits for $1 so I decided to try it out... who knows, maybe they'll grow. I thought that the seeds were probably dead though so I planted a few in the pot and threw out the rest of the seeds. After a week though i noticed little seedlings popping out of the soil!! Well it's been quite a few weeks now and look how far they've come! I'm a little bit worried though because the instructions say you have to spread out the seeds 1 inch apart and clearly you can see my basil is all clumped together. I'm afraid they will all die now!! :(

I've also bought a couple of tomato plants and left them on my balcony to grow. I can't take much credit for those however because i bought them already grown - not from seeds. They have just started to flower and hopefully the tomatoes will follow shortly after.

1 comment:

b said...

Tomatoes and basil...hee..reminds me of RC days ;)

You can now make Tomato basil soup! Or maybe you can try out this recipe:
http://www.honey-skunk.net/x/2007/11/09/tomato-basil-toast/