Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cubicles.

I'm moving from my (somewhat) beloved office to a cube this weekend. I'm trying not to complain about it (refer to previous day's post) so I will mention here the things I am looking forward to in my new cube space.

1) I get a window cube!! This means that I can look out the window now to see what the weather is like outside rather than refering to my Vista weather gadget. It also means I could bring a plant to work and hopefully it can brighten my day.

2) Ample desk space. Currently, there is only room for one side desk in my tiny office since I have to share it. In my cube, I will have TWO side desks so I can keep my aquarium on the other one. I could also keep my aquarium on a small table behind my chair if I wanted to.

3) My own white board. I get my white board. In my office, I have to share it and usually my officemate writes all sorts of stuff on it becuase it's closer to him. So in my cube, i have a whole white board, all to myself.

4) Higher ceilings. SOmetimes I'm a bit claustrophobic and being inside such a small office with someone else makes me feel like i need to get out of the office. Or maybe that's just a feeling of working too hard. who knows. I do like the higher ceilings in the new building though.

So I guess when listing out the GOOD things about my new cube, it's really not that bad. There are not so good things associated with being in a cube but I've done this before and shouldn't be so spoiled for having an office the last 3 years. The only REAL legit problem perhaps is that my team is noisy (I test media devices and others test phone...) so working there might decrease our overall productivity (along with the fact that everyone on the team is unhappy about the move).

C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Duncan and Jen said...

RIGHT ON! You are about to come to the Headquarters, Homeland and Mothership of the Complainers so it's good you're working against that tendency!