my very first crochet beanie!! (still in progress...)
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Crochet
I'm learning how to crochet. I haven't mastered knitting quite yet but whenever i go to the arts and crafts store, i always see free patterns that I'd like to try out and then get bummed out that they are crochet patterns. I also read somewhere that crochet can help reduce stress levels. so far, it is actually very calming. I find it very satisfying when the stitches line up and I haven't lost or gained stitches in the pattern. crochet in rounds is a little bit challenging. it took me several attempts to get this started and to get it right - at least i hope it is right.
my very first crochet beanie!! (still in progress...)
my very first crochet beanie!! (still in progress...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
just thinking about crochet and not messing up stresses me out!! so i'm glad it doesn't have that effect on you!!!
it is like an addiction for me. honestly! i will stay up sitting in my bed knitting or crocheting all night. i can produce one of these hats in a couple of hours. it is crazy...hats for the family for christmas... haha
crocheting IS a lot easier!
and you can even do it without looking at your needle! I think knitting is too stressful for me.. I tend to make too many mistakes. >.< and it takes too too long for me.
haha. but what in the world is a beanie? hat?
yeah! a beanie is a hat... i think it's a snowboarding\skiing term. they dont' call them toques anymore... :P
Post a Comment