This weekend, hmma's church started an interesting campaign. The church took out money from their charity foundation and gave an envelope to each family in the congregation with cash ranging from $5 to $500. The pastor preached about the
parable of the talents and asked the congregation to use the money they received in the envelope to creatively raise money to put back into the foundation. During these tough economic times, the idea is to raise money for the foundation which gives back to the local community and supports an orphanage in Africa. The pastor said that he realizes that some families in the congregation will tkae the money and use it for themselves - he said that's fine - if the family really needs the money, then consider it an answer to prayer. But it is his hope that through the campaign, more money can be raised than what was given out. It's an interesting idea because usually churches ask for money and very rarely do you see them give it back directly to the congregation. Anyway, we're supposed to use our creative ideas to see what we can do with the money in the envelope so I came up with the idea to use my creative juices and obsession with knitting and crocheting these days, to make hats and sell them on ebay. Technically it is hmma's money to use but I offered to help him make the products and it will be up to him to use what I give him to sell on ebay or through whatever medium he chooses.
I was supposed to make a hat for my bro in law last night but I made it too small. So this is going to be the first hat I donate to the campaign.

And I also made this hat for my grandma this weekend and it fits my head fine but my sister says it looks small... so this might be the second hat to donate to the cause...
No comments:
Post a Comment