Monday, October 05, 2009

Relaxed in SFO

I flew down to SFO this weekend with no plans in mind. The only plan was to follow Hmma to a couple of his meetings and to hang out with old classmates. It was super nice not to have a plan to follow or to have to be somewhere at a given time. Just go with the flow. Also, I realized I wasn't quite ready to depart with summer in Seattle so it felt so good to be able to soak up that California sun while sitting at Golden Gate Park.

My classmate took me to a rock climbing gym on Sunday afternoon and even though I'm afraid of heights, the challenging of using my own strength to climb to the top of the wall, moving from one rock to the next, is somewhat exciting! It gets the blood pumping and then when I reach the top, suddenly I'm aware that I am very very high off the ground and for me, that's the worst part of rock climbing: letting go of the wall at the very top, and holding onto the rope for dear life hoping and trusting in the rope (and the belayer at the bottom) to let me down safely to the ground.

So glad I took the weekend off for myself to recharge and be ready - hopefully - to face work and life and everything else waiting for me here in Seattle.

No comments: