this year, Hmma and I made a decision to stay in town for Christmas. there are four days until Christmas and there is a strange absence of a packed schedule, endless indulgent eating, meeting after meeting with friends and family, going nuts trying to find parking at the mall, waiting in long lines at the mall. i've got an itch the past week to pack a bag and travel somewhere or to book a flight so that i can pack a bag and travel somewhere. but instead, we're staying put. no busy airports to deal with, crying babies on the airplane, delayed or cancelled flights due to snowy weather.
it seems so strange -- when the radio host shares about how to find a moment of peace in the midst of the busy season or friends talk about how December always brings in extra dosage of chaos -- I'm experiencing none of it! Without even really trying! It's a bit refreshing but also a bit unnerving. I have all this quiet time available and instead of taking advantage of this gift of time to seek out a more intimate relatoinship with Jesus by spending time with Him, I'm wondering why I've got all this spare time and then trying to fill it with things I really don't \ shouldn't be doing. I was convicted yesterday during my BSF discussion with these questions : What false worship is robbing of me of peace and salvation, an intimate relationship with God? What idols am I worshipping right now that is distracting me from worshipping the One true God and drawing me further from Him?
God has given me a gift of time this season which is so different from previous years. My prayer is that I will draw near to Him during this time and praises for such a blessing!
As the year winds down, I'm starting to dream about 2011 and what the next year will hold. I invite Jesus to help me in writing out my dream letter for 2011 and I'm excited about what the next year will bring. More to come later!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment