After a lot of convincing, I've decided to go with the gang to Bally's Fitness Center. Yes, I already have an existing membership with ProClub - the gym of choice for the employees at work - but since Bally's is offering a free 8 week trial, I've decided to go with a bunch of people to help get on track through accountability. I have realized that it's so much easier to accomplish something when you've got others reaching for the same goal! With more than half of the members of my women's group going, I'm hoping that we can continue to support one another spiritual and now, physically as well :).
Things in life are changing - constantly changing - but for once in my life, I can say that they are changing for the better. And part of the reason why it's getting better is because I finally got off my butt and did something about my life - took a bit of control over it again. There is something special and motivating about a group of women who get together to support one another and to help one another to succeed. I think this is what has been missing from my life for so long - a group of women to keep me accountable and to give me support when times have been rough. I have learned so much from the Women's Conference at work the past couple of days. I've reflected on what my strengths are as a woman, what some of my natural tendencies are as a woman and how to use my skills and talents to help me get to a goal that I want to achieve - even in a male-dominated work place. The conference has left me feeling a little more confident in my own abilities to be a leader, a team player, a role model or mentor even. Now, all I need to do is dream big! And then take it one step at a time... :D
"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs, one step at a time" ~ Joe Girard
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment