Friday, July 11, 2008

Work as toiling under the sun

This morning I attended yet anther breakfast seminar with Christian business professionals - today's topic was on Redeptive Work. The speaker talked about how we were created to work (God, after all, created the heavens and earth, and everything on it) and that work itself is good. but becuase of The Fall, work became toilsome. She touched on one thing that stuck with me particularly because I have been trying so hard to get these tomatoes to grow - becuase of the Fall, God made the ground cursed. So even though Adam worked and toiled, thorns and thistle grew as a result. I can see this firsthand and literally through my tomato plants but it also applies to everyday situations. Even though we put in our best efforts, it does not always result in successful or positive outcomes.

Anyway, I thought I would post a separate post about this even though it's related to the post i just posted about 5 minutes ago.

No comments: