I spent this year's Thanksgiving mostly sleeping and resting and of course knitting. I didn't do much shopping ... in the malls... actually, i went to Portland with some friends for a day trip but for me, it was mostly just to walk around and get out of the house. I think Hmma and i just enjoyed sitting on the mall benches sipping our starbucks coffee while calculating his jetta's (terrible) mileage (7 mpg) and dreaming about the GTI and what fun it would be to own one. Instead of shopping at the malls though, I ended up spending money on online shopping. It was convenient and comfortable and I got to sleep in. It was wonderful! I don't know if I will ever go back to line-ups and outlet malls - madness!
So what am i thankful for? I must remember that even in the now-official recession that we are in, I am blessed to have a home, a well-paid job and food on the table. I am so blessed that i can even afford to shop for things i like - well beyond the things I need in order to survive. this season I feel like i should be giving back to the community even more than I do and that I should really be cutting back on the number of things I purchase for myself - but where do you draw the line? It's something to prayerfully consider the next time I pull out my wallet to make a purchase that i don't REALLY need...
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment