Well, as the days, months and years go by, I find I am asked this question more frequently, "are you married?" or "when will you be getting married?" (in fact, some people who meet me for the first time skip this question and go straight to "Do you have kids?" ... urgh...)
I'm not getting married anywhere in the near future as far as i can see.
but i guess I can prepare for the day it might come.
So. How do you know who to marry? How do you know you are ready (besides the fact that you're going to hit 30 within a few years)? Is it normal to feel afraid, scared, of being hurt, or of hurting the other person? Is it normal to feel a little uncomfortable at the thought of of being dependent and devoted to another human being - humans being broken, flawed and complicated?
I know, everyone my age is doing it or has already done it years ago. My question is, has everyone really thought through what they are doing? Or are they doing it just because everyone else is doing it...
I should proabbly sleep...
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yes. yes. and yes. scared? worried? yes. i miss you, amy
b.t.w. the title has officially put the Enchanted song in my head. oi.
Post a Comment