Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

i just remembered that the passing of Labour Day at the beginning of this week marked my four year anniversary of moving to and living here in Seattle. Four years!

Lately I have been focusing on changing myself - I mention before that changes start with the heart. One of the things that has been pointed out to me by trusted advisors and friends is that I am overly critical. Maybe this is a result of being a "professional tester" the past 4 years - it's my job to point out the problems, to make things break, to see the issues before they come. i can see this starting to affect how I view my life and the circumstances I face in life. I never celebrate wins, or achievements or progress, i always focus on what else needs to be done, how much further i need to go and how I could have done so much more.

So as I was just remembering it was my fourth year anniversary, when I realized the significance of this day, the first thought that came to my mind was "4 years? and I've only gotten this far in my career?" I stopped myself immediately. What the! I don't even know where that thought came from - Ok, maybe i do. It's that little devil figure on my shoulder telling me again how I've failed and how little I've accomplished. So ignoring the devil, I celebrate the wins of the last four years. I feel like I've matured, I've grown, I've learned hard lessons, I've faced some tough decisions, but all in all, life is GOOD. And i can't wait for the next four years and beyond.

Happy Anniversary to me!!!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

a month late. but happy anniversary indeed! :) yay to the last four years! yay to all that you've done. yay to all the growing.