Being home for the holidays has been wonderful. Seattle was JUST starting to feel a little more like home when I left on the 21st. I was getting used to the loneliness, the solitude, the crazy work schedule, and the small living space. I was getting used to coming home to an empty house, cooking my own meals, doing my own laundry and doing my own shopping. But I feel that coming back to Toronto for just over a week has pumped new energy back into me. I actually look forward to waking up each day ready to face whatever it is that God has in store for me and there is no longer a need to watch TV at the end of the day or to be on the internet all the time because I'm constantly surrounded by people I care about and (I think and hope) also care about me.
I've been learning so much this holiday season. There have been thoughts on my mind and things that I've wanted to discuss with someone (anyone!!) and I've finally had the opportunity to voice my thoughts and to hear from other people's perspective what their thoughts are about the topics that have been on my heart. God is my maker. He is the Potter and I am the clay. Being shaped and reformed can be painful but I feel the process is shaping me into a much more beautiful creation - one that God had in mind for me to be.
To all my friends and family in Toronto, you guys are always on my mind and always in my heart :) Thanks for the years of friendship and support.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment