Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy (US) Thanksgiving!

Perhaps the one and only thing I like about the US is that they give 2 days off for thanksgiving. Although, they somewhat ruin it by having Black Friday shopping the day after. Thursday night was spent with friends and family eating a 17 lb turkey and a ham. My favourite was the sticky rice stuffing - YUM!!! Then I went home to sleep for about 3 hours. I woke up at 4:30am to go to Circuit City to line up for their 5am opening. The line was outrageous so I left and went to Target instead. At Target, the line-up wasn't all that bad but it didn't open until 6am so I did a walk around Kohl's next door where it was warm and then went back to Target. M. and I had prepped a list of what we wanted to buy so we first ran straight to the Wii section and bought a bunch of games - Brain Age (for me), Boogie ( for him) and Rayman 2 (for both of us) - then we ran to the kitchenwares and picked up a 4qt slow cooker - crock pot - for $15. not bad! We were in and out of Target in about 10 minutes. I Then I spent an hour at Joann's buying fabric and other materials required for making roman blinds for my dining room and pillows for my sofa. NOW, I think I'm pretty much done with home shopping. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!
(And congrats HM and ID!!!)

No comments: