Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Much to Celebrate!

When i stop to think about what I've studied in the Bible this year, a whole lot of it has been around the theme of Trials. And this hasn't really been something I have been pursuing but things that have just come up somewhat coincidentally -- to the point where I'm starting to ask God -- what in the world are you preparing me for because it seems to be like it's going to be DIFFICULT. It started with the BSF study of Phillipians in Beijing during a time and in a place where I was facing a bit of trial -- nothing serious but just a bit more than what I was used to back at home. And more recently, studying through 1 Peter with my Bible study group where Peter addresses the church which is facing persecution from the Roman government. While listening to a podcast regarding trials found in 1 Peter, it was pointed out that trials can come in times of comfort as well. So I posted recently my thoughts on that as well.

This weekend, i really had to stop myself from getting into the mindframe that life is one big hardship because I found myself focusing on those times of difficulty, almost anxiously anticipating it. Even though my current season is one of relative ease and comfort and rich blessings, I was brushing these things aside and instead, thinking in my head that i must prepare myself for something difficult to come along rather than giving thanks for and finding joy in this current season of rest. Life IS one big trial but there is much to rejoice in and I must be able to recognize the moments of joys that God presents in my life and when they do, i must rise up to the occasion and truly celebrate it. Also, Hmma pointed out this weekend that life is like a cycle of changing seasons. Sometimes I have difficult moments, and I struggle and I wrestle and I get tired and frustrated and despair. But those times don't last. God is my Rock that carries me through and suddenly I'm faced with happier moments, and I smile and laugh and I have high hopes today and for the future and I look back and see how much I have grown and how much God has worked in me to get to this point. As I reflect back in my life journey, i see the seasons of highs and lows and i see the seasons where I was in complete despair to a season now that is rich and full of blessing. Through it all, I understand that Jesus is taking me on a journey in which, really, He only reveals the next step asking me to trust Him in faith that the next step is all i need to know. In this, my faith becomes deeper and it builds me up for the next new challenge and adventure He has prepared for me. And so another cycle begins ....

Today, I am on the mountaintop because there is much to celebrate! Yesterday marked my 5th year anniversary working at MS and living in Seattle. And it was also a time of making new life long memories at the Kirkland Marina :) YEA!!!

No comments: