Monday, February 13, 2006

Hail Hitler!

Scottie and I visited a new church today located in a nice little area north of downtown Seattle. We had tried to meet up with others for lunch but they had woken up late and decided to attend a church with service at 1pm - therefore unable to meet with us for lunch. So, Scottie and I were on our own. We decided to take advantage of the beautiful spring-like weather and walk around Fremont to find a place to eat. We came across the VW Beetle eating troll sitting under the Hwy 99 Bridge which I have been wanting to see since my internship. There was an outdoor market that we walked through where people were selling all sorts of old retro things. We also found a gelato place (note: for dessert). But the most interesting find was what we found waiting around the next corner. As we turned the corner, we saw a small group of Nazi supporters yelling "Hail Hitler!" with swastikas painted on the American flag, lead by a man with Hitler's famous moustache. My oh my. People were starring from across the street - not sure if it was something to be laughed at or to be outraged at such an incredibly bold scene. Interested as I was to find out what was going on, Scottie seemed unaffected by such a scene and quickly ushered me into the restaurant.

Americans... I don't know what else to say...

No comments: