Tuesday, February 21, 2006

YAY! I scored!!

Yesterday's soccer game went pretty well considering we were playing the top team in our division. Our goalie was back in the net after sitting out the past few weeks due to an injury and a couple of our top players were missing - again due to injuries. But we gave it our all. A stranger offered to help us out - he had played some college soccer - and he gave us some direction on how to cover someone on the other team - girls cover girls and guys cover guys - simple!! Our second half went really well with us only letting in 3 goals and ourselves getting 3 goals!!

I'm estatic to say that I played pretty well last night :) I made a crazy block at the net by somehow catching the ball between my legs! It was a penalty shot in front of our net and a girl kicked it right at me - luckily it wasn't too high. I caught the ball between my thighs and was so surpised I didn't know what to do with it afterwards. And then with only 20 seconds left on the clock, I scored a goal right between the goalie's legs!!! I couldn't believe it! I never would have thought I'd score a goal :) I think I was jumping up and down the field for the rest of the game :P

We still lost 3-9 but it was a good game for us - maybe next game we'll actually win :)

No comments: