i'm in my mid-20s and i've been in the working world for about two years now. my question is ... is this it?!? there must be more. some of my peers are coasting along, day by day, taking things as they come. others are starting to make 3-5 year plans - where they want to see themselves in 3-5 years and how they can get there. these plans can range from their career goals to relationship goals to financial goals, etc. i don't like the idea of coasting - i'd like to be a little more proactive. so i'm going to try to figure out where to go in the next 3-5 years. the problem is, i don't know where i want to go...
for those who are more mature and who are much wiser, did you have a plan or a vision for your life? am i late in starting to think about this now? i guess better late than never right? and how can i start getting some direction??
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Am I old enough to considered mature?
I haven't really sat down and thought about them, but I have a general idea of what I want. I think the way that I think is that I have goals which I know I *want). Then I have timelines which I'd *like* for them to happen in. My timeline is generally flexible whereas my goals aren't. Obviously there are some cases where timelines can't be flexible, but I've had to learn to adjust after much frustration.
My career goals to relationship goals are moving in the direction I'm looking for, but a few years ago, the progress seemed dismal and I was ready to pick up and leave after a period if I wasn't getting any traction. Work was super frustrated and I was ready to leave at any moment and I said I would try for a few more years and see what happens. Sometimes waiting is what we need, sometimes moving on is necessary too.
All that said, as much as we want to know what the future holds for us, I'm sure most of us would depend on God a lot less if we knew what was going to happen to us.
the difference between you and i though, is that you have an idea of what you want. for myself, i haven't the faintest clue. how do you come up with a general idea of what you want in life when you don't know what you want... and you don't know where to start?
Post a Comment