Friday, October 21, 2005

Day off ... please?

I don't feel like working today. I had a meeting with my mentor/manager this mornig and was told that I'm working too fast and I'm already at full speed. While this is positive feedback, it leaves me completely unproductive for the rest of the afternoon - a FRIDAY afternoon too... plus it's a GORGEOUS day outside. It's sunny and cloudless with a nice warm breeze. Days like these are rare in Seattle. I think I should take advantage of it and leave work early today (early means 5pm).

So instead of being productive, I've looked up prices for a new blender. It MUST be able to chop ice (and mango). It MUST last longer than 1 year. And that's basically it. I'm thinking of making this weekend a cook-a-thon. If I can't find it at a restaurant, I'm just going to have to learn how to do it on my own. And yep, if this MS thing doesn't work out, I can start my own dessert shop (actually no I can't since I wouldn't have a visa and the wait time for a green card is forever right now). I'll let you know how it goes.

Also up for this weekend... pictures of my apartment. Yes it's taken me a long time to get these pictures up but my apartment is not bright enough for pictures. When I wake up it's dark outside and when I come home from work it's dark outside so I need to wait until the weekend when there's sunlight in the middle of the day to brighten up the place. Don't worry, this weekend for sure!

Okay that's it for now. Today my mind has been focused on mango shakes...

1 comment:

tiffany said...

ooooh! you know what you should get? the magic bullet!! it's not a full-fledged blender, but everyone seems to have one these days - megan has one! i hear they work quite well, and c'mon, who *hasn't* wanted to buy some infomercial item at some point in their lives?