The cold, wet fall/winter has arrived here in Seattle. The sun has set off into its 6 months of hibernation. Clouds have arrived and won't go away. There are droplets that fall almost constantly day through night. And with the drizzle comes the chills. I think I'm getting sick. Or if I'm not getting sick, then my body is not accustomed to this wet, bone-chilling coldness that sinks in and won't go away. I think this weather is affecting my moods. I'm feel very ... blah ... about everything these days. For example,
Coworker: How's your weekend Amy?
Amy: It was ok.
Coworker: What did you do?
Amy: Nothing much.
Coworker: ...ok.
Or...
Friend: Hey Amy, how's work?
Amy: It's alright.
Friend: Just alright?
Amy: Yeah.
Friend: ...ok.
Or...
Stranger: It certainly does rain here a lot.
Amy: ...
Stranger: I guess this is a sign that summer's over.
Amy: ...
Stranger walks away.
And this has been going on for a week or so. I thought that Waterloo was depressing with its lack of sunlight and abundance of cloud cover but I've realized that Seattle is just the same - except that the air here doesn't smell like cow manure.
How do you west coast people live like this?!
Monday, October 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You'll get used to it soon, Ames. Just remember this: you don't have to shovel rain from the driveway, nor do you have to scrape it from your car :-) As for that feeling of bone-chilling coldness, you must not have discovered the sartorial Pacific Northwest necessity that is the Gortex jacket. Get one with a good fleece interior and you'll be set for "winter". In fact, I rather miss my Gortex gear in Toronto :-p
Dave
first, i don't have a driveway here, nor a car. therefore snow would be VERY welcome ;). Second, I DO have a Gortex jacket. I have a fleece interior too. They don't help much. :P haha... :S
Miserable Amy
The stranger sounds like he's making a failed attempt at a pick up!
Post a Comment