Monday, October 17, 2005

Office Frustrations

Has anyone ever worked at a company that has left them feeling REALLY frustrated during work hours? So frustrated that you might curse loudly - maybe even yell - at your computer? Or maybe shake your monitor a bit? How about pounding the walls with your fists? or with your desk?

Let me introduce you to my office neighbour. I've never met this poor unfortunate soul (the door is always closed) but I've heard that he's quite the quiet and gentle character. Perhaps there's a bit of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde going on next door but let me say that it's been a very frustrating couple of weeks for him. My office buddy and I share our small office and unless I'm playing some music, our office space is relatively quiet with only the soft humming of our respective computers and the air ventilation system chugging along overhead. Recently, I'm caught off guard by the pounding on the wall... or the profanity heard through the walls...it literally makes me jump. Then I'm left wondering...What the heck is going on over there?

I wonder ... is this common office space behaviour ??

4 comments:

Reformed Jerk said...

Whatever you do, don't take his red Swingline stapler, or he'll burn the office down and put strycnin in your guacamole :-p

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Ol' Bill walked into dude's office going "Ummmm......yeah.......I'm going to have ask you to move your desk over to that side of the office.....yeah...."
or better yet:
"Ummmm......yeah.......if you can have a copy of those Longhorn TPS reports on my desk by tomorrow morning that'd be great.....yeah..."

Ah, Office Space, all you'll ever need to know about the life of a cubicle jockey!

Anonymous said...

snap...I better give Jon his red Swingline stapler back to him, otherwise who knows he might burn down the church...lol. So not cut out to work for the man. I am slave to no one. Must make mad dash...
- kizzle

Anonymous said...

"..WHAT! GOOGLE released another innovative product ahead of us!!?.."

Maybe you should introduce him to some angry music. Seems like this (quiet & nice) guy keeps it in too long and needs to vent a bit.

It must be nerve racking when you don't know when the next explosion is gonna happen. Try keeping earphones on during work?