Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hike up Little Si

while most (normal) people spend their saturday mornings in bed catching up on sleep, a few girls and i got up at around 8am to hike up Little Si. the northwest is full of excellent trails that are within a short driving distance. we have established our own little hiking club and we select different trails to explore each saturday morning - weather permitting. this is part of our training because in july, a larger group of us are going to try to hike up mt. st. helen.

Little Si took us about 2 hours round trip. It was actualy a pretty easy trail compared to Tiger Mt and Rattlesnake Ledge from previous weeks. Regardless, I was sweating quite a bit at the top.

Mt. St. Helen is supposed to take 7 to 12 hours round trip to complete. At this rate, I'm not sure I'm going to make it...

2 comments:

DBush said...

Wow! That sounds like a blast. I wish I was able to do that.

Please be careful........

..."Mount St. Helens is an active volcano. Climbers may be exposing themselves to volcanic hazards that may occur without warning."...

And please take pictures ;-)

gear-girl said...

most definitely - will take pictures if i can make it to the top and yes mt st helens is an active volcano that rumbles here and there. the top of the mountain is actually ashes so it's like walking through the desert. it'll be interesting.