Monday, July 18, 2005
If you can't win, a tie's just as good
Yesterday, we played a double-header first against the Awakening and then the Blessings. Arriving at the park and taking one look at the field, I thought that for sure our game would be cancelled. There were puddles all over the infield and surely hidden in the outfield. But there were already two teams playing so I figured if they are playing then surely we must also be playing. Stepping onto the field for the first time was a little frightening - you don't normally sink into the field. But after getting into position and tossing some balls around, I actually got used to the field and to the mud - in fact, it was like being a kid again! I think the turning point was when Joe ran into a puddle on purpose and got his pants all wet. I remember seeing him do this thinking, What is he doing? He's going right for the puddle! And then thinking afterwards, Hey, that seems like fun! My turn!! We lost the first game - i think the Awakening had an advantage since they had just played a game and had already gotten used to the field. But the second game was great fun! The Blessings only had 9 players and one of them was injured. But you know, after 5 losses - or 6? I've lost count - we had to go for it without mercy. I think we were still easy on them but I also think we played a really great game. We weren't afriad to get dirty (well, maybe a couple of people were - you can tell who they are since they don't have a spot of dirt on them - you know who you are ;)) and I think that everyone was genuinely having a good time. We tied the second game and decided to play an extra inning but still ended up being a tied game. That last and extra innings were so intense that I didn't want to watch and I didn't want to play on the field - so intense that I almost peed my pants on the field - there was so much pressure!! Overall though, we did an amazing job. If we can't win a game, a tie's just as good. What an awesome team!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I didn't have a speck of dirt on me because I was playing in the outfield. There is no correlation between messiness of clothing and hard work. I worked plenty hard and I have the scars to prove it! :-p Good game, though, eh? Testing testing 1, 2, 3!!!!!!
Dave
OK!! You're right, you endured a slap in the face and took one for the team. Way to go Dave! :D
5 guys, 4 girls, tie,,haha you know who this is
Post a Comment