Saturday, July 02, 2005

Booklist Update

Reading has become a favourite pastime. So has visiting Chapters - both online and in the store :S.

Here's my booklist update so far:

Finished reading:
- Eleven Minutes - Paulo Coelho - A good read for those who are mature enough to handle the subject of sex intermingled with love.
- French Women Don't Get Fat - Mireille Guiliano - I'm looking forward to living on my own so that I can finally reevaluate my eating habits and try out some of these recipes - in particular, I'm eyeing the Cedar Plank Salmon but where am I going to find a Cedar Plank??
- The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini - A really touching story about a boy's relationship with his father and also with his childhood best friend - also his servant's son. This story reminded me of Hotel Rwanda and the effects of war on friendships and relationships. I couldn't put it down.

Currently reading:
- A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson
- Bucknaked Faith - Eric Sandras
- Persepolis (the original one and shortly after, I will also read no.2) - Marjane Satrapi

To Read list:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince(preordered - July 16th!) - JK Rowling
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel
- The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
- Chronicles of Narnia - CSLewis
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
- The Rule of Four - Ian Caldwell
- Guns, Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond
- The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No comments: