Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Countdown has started...

I started cleaning out my room today and packing things into boxes that I want to ship to Seattle with me. There's something depressing about packing - especially packing to leave home. I've come across so many small items - junk even - with lots of sentimental value - what do I do with them? I've been accused of being a pack-rat but is that necessarily a BAD thing?! I think I'll bring everything with me and if they serve to be inconveniences and take up too much space then maybe I'll consider throwing them out. Most likely not though.

While packing today, I must've looked at the calendar about a million times counting just how many days left (11 days!!!!) and what I have planned to do in these last few days. I'm leaving NEXT WEEK! These next two weeks are going to be a huge blur for me and everything is either going to go super smooth and I'll be sitting calmly on a plane before I know it, or everything is going to be crazy last minute and I'm going to be freaking out on a plane thinking I've forgotten something super important. In the next 11 days, here's what needs to get done:

1) My visa needs to be approved! When are the docs coming in the mail?!
2) Once my visa is approved (not anytime sooner), then my flight can be booked (so technically, I'm not sure if I'm even flying on the 19th yet)
3) Packing day happens on the 15th - this is when movers come to pack all my stuff and take it away
4) Before the 15th comes, I need to figure out what will be packed. This is what I've been doing today.
5) Organize important travelling documents (like passport, visa, offer letter, diploma, etc)
6) Plan and book the two week roadtrip with my family and soon-to-be-in-laws (Kevin's parents)

That is just technical stuff too. In between the packing and the organzing of important documents and information, I want to meet up with people before I leave. If I haven't contacted you about meeting up yet, please contact me first!!! For those who haven't received notice - there's a BBQ happening at my house on Saturday - email me for details.

Once again, it'll either be two weeks of smooth sailing or two weeks of hectic last minute scrambling. I just found out today that Ju's passport has expired and we're flying in 11 days. I'm PRAYING for smooth sailing but the forecast seems to predict hectic scrambling.

2 comments:

Reformed Jerk said...

Looks like Ju is in the clear for this one, but I'd call to make sure. Oh Ju...tsk tsk tsk :-p

gear-girl said...

Yep, I came across the same site. I think I'll leave the calling for her to do cus I have heard stories from friends who have tried to fly without a passport and were denied! Anyhow, if no one else is going to worry about it then I won't :P