Thursday, August 04, 2005

Shakespeare In The Park

I had such a great evening tonight! A few members from the Book Club made the trip to High Park for some Shakespeare In the Park. I've always wanted to see what this event was all about but somehow it always managed to escape my schedule. This year's performance was on Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. At first, I thought I had read and studied this play in high school but shortly after it began I realized it was another of his plays that I had studied. Whoops. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the performance as well as the performance itself. I liked being able to sit on the blankets while snacking on Kernels popcorn :P. But I also thought it was really neat how some people make it a picnic and play at the park! The play itself was a sort of love-romance comedy. I think sometimes that I'm like Beatrice - very cynical about males and about marriage :P Maybe I'll marry one day "out of pity" - hehe. Anyhow I'm glad that I was able to make this trip out - thanks Iulia for the suggestion - without it I would have missed it again :) And of course, the company was perfect. You guys are awesome :)

1 comment:

tiffany said...

"the world needs peopling".

best line ever... a brandon line, for sure! :p