Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Things are coming together...

I stayed up so late last night trying to do some crazy last minute packing. I ended up sleeping around 5am. I set my alarm clock for 9:30am thinking the movers would arrive this morning around 10am. I was woken up by the doorbell at 9am. YIKES. I changed out of my PJs and ran to the door. I opened it to find three men from Armstrong International Movers - one with tattooes all over his arms, another with long blond hair around the sides and shorter at the top (he reminded me of Hulk Hogan) and another normal-looking man with brown hair. I opened the door for them but it was pretty clear that I had just gotten out of bed. When they asked me my name I couldn't speak - it was as if there were something in my throat :S No, not fear that I was going to be houserobbed. I thought maybe I was coming down with something - a cold perhaps. Perhaps I am, I haven't gotten much sleep this entire weekend. Anyhow they came in, I pointed to the things I wanted shipped, they packed it up and put them into boxes and then I signed some papers. The whole process took just under 2 hours and they left with all my belongings (34 boxes apparently - what AM i shipping?!) Now that my stuff is gone, I'm finally able to prepare other things before I leave - like my visa (where is it?!) and booking hotels and a van for my family's roadtrip around western Canada. Things are finally coming together. My visa is expected Tuesday and a few accomodations have been arranged for the roadtrip. The stress level is decreasing and i still have time to meet up with people one last time before I go. :(

I'm missing Toronto already...

2 comments:

tiffany said...

give me a time and place, and i'll be there! just let me know if you want to do something!

sniff sniff, gonna miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Oy! We'll have you so tired by the time you leave that you'll be glad for the vacation! hehe. Will miss you Ames... =(

See you at dinner!