Father's Day is a special day at my church. Usually more people come out to service and there is often a presentation made by the kids choir. Today, I was playing the keyboard on the worship team. I've only just started and so I'm still quite new to the equipment. The sound master was not at church today and so I think that everything that probably could have gone wrong today, went wrong. I felt quite useless since I didn't know how I could help and I didn't know which cables went where. I didn't even realize the pedal to the keyboard was in the wrong input! :S I'm glad that Gizzy was leading though because I've begun to notice in her a strong passion to lead others to worship and I find it encouraging that even in a situation like today, she was able to go with the flow and capture the true meaning of worship - it's not about playing each note perfectly, it's not about getting everything in order, worship is about coming together with our hearts and giving God praise and love.
After service, I had lunch with my family. It's been a bit of a stressful weekend so I felt like dropping some money :S. My sisters and I went to Square One to go shopping. We entered the Build a Bear store to just LOOK at the bears but the velvet bear was back in stock and we had to get one before it ran out again! Welcome Bobby! Here's my new bear:
I got him a Maple Leafs sweater to remind me of my roots and home when I leave for Seattle :) He's soooo soft!!
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment