Friday, June 03, 2005

A week studying Buddhism

I've been procrastinating all week. Today - this very evening - Delta Fellowship is starting a series of workshops on the topic of Other World Religions (besides Christianity). I'm part of the World Religions Committee so I was assigned to become the 'expert' on Buddhism. I have researched the very basics of this religion over the past couple of weeks; however, I've been working all this week to try to make the information presentable. I've decided to go with a poster but it's taking me FOREVER to complete. My creative juices aren't flowing. I have a whole bunch of new Crayola markers and a large pad of construction paper and they are just sitting in front of me completely useless. BUT I'm making progress - so far the heading is completed - I have a nice title for my poster - "BUDDHISM". That's creative right?


While I've been sitting here at my desk trying to think of something brillant for this poster, I was chatting with my friend and asking him if he had any pictures of me that I could use for my profile on this blog. He sent me the following:




At the Buddhist Temple

How appropriate! This picture was taken a couple years ago when my family and I went on vacation to Hong Kong. We visited the huge Buddhist temple there but we went on a very miserable day - it was rainy and very foggy. We obviously weren't prepared for such conditions and made use of all materials on hand to keep us from the dampness (though I have to say it didn't work all that well). Yes, we walked around the entire temple looking like this cus chinese people don't have shame. My dad insisted we take a picture for memory sake and at the time, we thought he was insane. But now that I've stumbled across this picture again, it's good laughs and reminds me what a crazy family I have :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a plastic bag on my head. Desperate times, call for desperate measures.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA !!!