Thursday, June 16, 2005

So many books...!!

I went downtown today to meet up with my high school buddies - christina and cristina! :P We enjoyed a nice vegetarian lunch - i forgot the name of the restaurant - and then to help digest we walked along Bloor to look at shops and in particular, to find a bookstore. Upon finding a bookstore, we went in and started sharing which books we had read and recommended. Before this incident, I had a list of about 5 books that I wanted to read before the summer ended. I think this list has now been doubled. Here are some of the books I plan on reading this summer - feel free to add to the list! :P
Finished reading:
- Eleven Minutes - Paulo Coelho DONE! - A good read for those who are mature enough to handle the subject of sex intermingled with love.

Currently reading:
- A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson
- French Women Don't Get Fat - Mireille Guiliano
- Bucknaked Faith - Eric Sandras

To Read list:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (preordered - July 16th!) - JK Rowling
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel
- Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi
- Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
- Chronicles of Narnia - CSLewis
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
- The Rule of Four - Ian Caldwell
- Guns, Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond
- The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
- The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

That's all i can remember at the moment but everytime i visit Chapters, the list increases and I can never really remember which books it was that I wanted to read! Now that i have these listed I can refer back and make sure i've read them :P
Feel free to share if you've read these books and if they are worth reading.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Don't forget Tipping Point! That's also by Malcolm Gladwell. As for ELEVEN MINUTES! Dude! that book is AMAZING. I loved it! had a great time today. :O)
let's meet up one-on-one sometime. k?