The first step in recovering from any addiction is to admit you have a problem right?
Well...I think I have a problem.
This is a pretty recent discovery but after reflecting on my activities for the past couple of weeks, the trend is really noticeable and suddenly very obvious. I have been going to the mall (Square One seems to be my favourite) or participating in some form of shopping (say at an outlet, or at Chapters) about once a day, definitely more than once a week. In the past, I thought that once a week was already a lot. And usually, I can go shopping without feeling the need to buy anything - I go just for the window shopping and the exercise (walking is good for you, you know). But now, NOW, I'm finding all these pretty things I want to buy!
After two large purchases, a digital camera and a BBQ for a Father's day gift, my bank account seems to be hurting and suffering under the blow. Large items are supposed to be spaced out! Not occuring on the same visa bill! :S
I need to exercise some self-control and I'm going to need help with this: if I happen to be spending time with you, I beg you please to tell me to keep the plastics in the wallet! Reason with me even if I give good "reasons" for busting out the cash. If need be, take my wallet away from me, don't return it even if I threaten never to talk to you again - trust me it's just a bluff.
OK, Thanks in advance.
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hrm, so i suppose i wasn't exactly helping you when i kept encouraging you to buy those jeans, was i? :p
hehe. and the book list i gave ya that day at the bookstore? hehe... have you purchased/read any lately?
I have purchased soo many. I've become addicted to Chapters! I've read French Women don't get Fat and i finished Eleven Minutes. Both very good books. My next book is Tipping Point and I've bought Persepolis (original and 2). I've also read Kite Runner - you might enjoy it!
Post a Comment